By Sarah Cunningham, Peter Moor, Araminta Crace and Jonathan Bygrave
Cutting Edge Third edition builds on the distinctive task-based approach that has made this course so popular!
Cutting Edge Third edition has a multilayered, topic-based syllabus which includes thorough and comprehensive work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and the skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing.
• Topics and content
Cutting Edge motivates learners with units based around up-to-date, globally relevant topics which help them gather information about the world and other cultures through the medium of English.
• The speaking tasks
Structured speaking tasks form a central part of each unit, including surveys, mini-talks, problem solving and narrative tasks.
• World culture and Language live
New World culture lessons encourage discussion of contemporary global issues. Language Live lessons help learners with the functional language they need to deal with everyday situations.
• Video material and digital components
New video content and a comprehensive digital package including MyEnglishLab, the perfect way for students to practice when and where they want.
Downloadable Sample Units and Class Audio
|Starter Level||Elementary Level||Pre-Intermediate Level||Intermediate Level||Upper Intermediate Level||Advanced Level|
- Make your lessons varied and interesting using the Teacher’s Book with step-by-step teaching notes and loads of photocopiable activities
- Get as much test material as you want using the Test Master CD-ROM – fully editable tests for all stages of the course
- Make your lessons even more engaging and student-centred using New Cutting Edge Digital – software for the interactive whiteboard
- Excite your students with rich, cultural content using the documentary-style videos and accompanying workbooks
- Make lesson planning easier using the Companion Website - worksheets, webquests, Common European Framework benchmarking documents all available at www.pearsonelt.com/cuttingedge3e