Experience English, Experience the Real World
Real World Advanced is a challenging course for teenagers that opens the door to a fascinating world of English language knowledge and skills for the 21st century learner. With reading and language development at its core, Real World Advanced helps students develop not only the ability to communicate well in English but also the skills and confidence to achieve success in external exams and life beyond school.
- Unique intensive reading programme
Reading texts in every unit in a variety of genres, including literature, are supported by reading strategies and extensive comprehension activities. The Extend your Reading section at the back of the Students’ Book provides additional reading texts with integrated exam tasks and further practice.
- Communicative competence with focus on public speaking and debate
Real World Advanced includes projects and activities that help students develop the communicative skills essential to thrive in today’s world, including public speaking and debate.
- Authentic and engaging videos from the BBC
Language is presented through relevant and intriguing real-life content, from the BBC Culture videos to the real people speaking in the Vlog interviews.
- Preparation for External Exams
Real World Advanced has been created with exam success in mind. The syllabus design with exam tasks seamlessly integrated into the unit and the robust testing package all come together to drive and motivate teenage learners toward exam success.
- Focus on 21st Century Learning: Skills for today and for the future
Carefully structured activities provide opportunities to improve life skills such as effective communication, creativity, critical thinking, collaborating with others and working independently, cultural awareness, and the ability to use digital media.
- Full digital solution to optimize the learning experience Active Teach Plus provides all the resources needed to boost your classes, see where students need improvement and personalise their learning journey. The innovative Active Teach kit promotes students’ independent learning with engaging materials , designed to work on all devices including tablets, provide students with maximum opportunity to enhance their learning, both in school and at home!