Author(s): Michael Harris / David Mower / Anna Sikorzynska
Treat your students to a feast of fascinating topics. Media and advertising, Australian society, cross-cultural communication, Mount Everest, modern-life gadgets, attitudes toward money, solar energy, virtual tourism, dream houses.. the list goes on!
Give them a firm grounding in grammar and skills and equip them with the learning and test-taking strategies they will need in their lives.
Endless opportunities with ActiveTeach - for digital resources and in-class presentation
Your students will…
- still benefit from the complete Opportunities package, committed to solid grammar, confident use of skills and language success
- be more comfortable with using NEW vocabulary with the NEW vocabulary language problem solving sections
- have access to more topics, more vocabulary and more strategies with the NEW shorter modules
- be fully prepared for any exam with the NEW tasks and strategies provided both in the Students’ Book and the Powerbook
- be motivated to think more and speak more through the NEW reading and listening texts, packed with NEW information
- Keep in total control of assessment with the new Test Master CD-ROM
- Give your lessons more variety with the NEW DVDs and CD-ROMs
- Navigate the course easily with the NEW detailed Students’ Book contents pages, with Powerbook references included
- ActiveTeach (LMS)
- Interactive White Board (IWB)
- CD Roms
- Multi ROM
- Audio CD
- Photo stories in each level tied to project work, which provides the context for the learners to discover the subject area.
- Text driven lesson shows the articles created by the course characters or are used to discover more about the topic-texts and topics on these pages as global as possible
- Cartoon stories in each unit develop themes in a humorous and enjoyable way allowing further exploration of the topic
- Culture pages or Skills page expose students to more real-world treatments of the topic and a chance to practice newly acquired language in a freer context.
- CYLETS style activities provide covert practice of exam for YL – TB references these so the teacher is always fully aware of which activity type is which
- Multiple Intelligence/brain
- DVD – Interactive DVD component has an interactive element where questions are answered on screen by remote control or by using your mouse on a computer. ActiveTeach - interactive software component
Discover English - Active Teach
- The digital version of the Students’ Book with everything you need to prepare and teach your classes in one place; on your computer.
- exact reproductions of Students’ Book pages,
- Class Audio,
- Interactive Activities,
- Students’ CD-ROM,
- Phonetic Chart,