By Michael Harris, Amanda Harris, David Mower, Anna Sikorzynska and Lindsay White
Rise to the Challenge
New Challenges is perfect if you like to challenge your students. Build your students’ confidence with the clear approach to grammar and vocabulary, and with exercises to develop their spoken and written language. New Challenges is a complete course that uses cross cultural topics to bring the real world into the classroom, making it relevant for your students and encouraging them to think about the world around them.
Downloadable Sample Units
|Starter Level||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Student's Book||Student's Book||Student's Book||Student's Book||Student's Book|
|Teacher's Book||Teacher's Book||Teacher's Book||Teacher's Book||Teacher's Book|
The varied text-rich lessons in New Challenges engage young teens for the first time with real-life issues in a non-patronizing and age-appropriate way.
- Stimulating and performance-focused tasks involve students in citizen education, intercultural issues, and topics related to science, technology and history.
- Regular Across Cultures lessons and projects promote understanding and collaboration.
- Personalisation helps students explore and forge their unique values and identity.
New Challenges offers teachers a solid syllabus to equip students with strong language, and learning and thinking skills.
- A balanced and integrated skills programme prepares students for exam success. Levels 1 and 2 prepare students for Cambridge ESOL’s KET exam, while Levels 3 and 4 cover all the key objectives for PET.
- The Student´s CD-ROM offers further exam specific practice.
Educational throughout: New Challenges provides a smooth development of higher order thinking skills.
- Meaningful and engaging contexts and tasks provide solid grammar and vocabulary practice. The unique Picture Dictionary and Word Lists are useful tools for vocabulary learning activities.
- A Time Out Magazine, games, quizzes, and personalization tasks keep students active and enhance their confidence and performance.
- A comprehensive speaking and writing syllabus reinforces fluency and rehearses language, learning and thinking skills in the Your Challenge sections.
New Challenges ActiveTeach offers an Interactive version of the Students’ Book suitable for using with any IWB or simply with a computer and projector which allows teachers to integrate class and workbook audio, video and interactive activities based on games, word lists, and the Picture Dictionary apart from PDFs of the video workbooks, and Test Masters and audio.