Guided communication, collaboration, fun characters, and engaging stories motivate learners and make learning English more exciting than ever.
• Memorable characters and adventures
Poptropica™ characters set the theme and present new language through a visually appealing scene, a catchy chant, games, and listening tasks. Digital adventures on distinctly themed islands develop the cognitive and the emotional skills of the whole learner.
• Learning through stories
A funny story consolidates and integrates language and leads into a CLIL lesson, a fun hands-on activity and a project. Cross-curricular connections and authentic texts immerse pupils in English.
• Extended language adquisition
Language is extended through a catchy song, and practised and systematised through integrated skills work, quizzes and games. Language repetition in meaningful interactions make English easy to remember and easy to transfer to normal everyday interaction.
• Complete set of teachers’ resources
Full digital support package includes the Online World, Active Teach for Interactive Whiteboards and eText for all devices, including tablets. Specific materials for the new curriculum provides you with useful tools such us rubrics and assessment by competence.
The Online World offers children online games where their avatars interact and solve exciting and original missions. Games-based learning is based on the principles of…
- Immersion: Students are immersed in a coherent context that maintains students’ enthusiasm and participation.
- Stealth learning: In the Online World learning takes place without students being aware of it.
- Mastery: The Online World encourages exploration and hypotheses-making and testing.
- Control: Students love immersive worlds because they can fail without censure or observation.
Extremely easy to teach, Our Discovery Island focuses on making things simple, straight-forward but extremely memorable:
- Poptropica™ characters set the theme and present new language through a visually appealing scene and a catchy chant, games, and non-intimidating listening tasks.
- Language is extended through a second catchy song, and practised and systematised through integrated skills work, quizzes and games.
- A funny story consolidates and integrates language and leads into a CLIL lesson, a fun hands-on activity and a simple project to build a Student Portfolio.
- Language repetition in meaningful interactions make English easy to remember and easy to transfer to normal everyday interaction.
- Every unit closes with a game, a good way to review and consolidate the language.
- A final Progress Check assesses learners and learning outcomes.
Student’s Book extras offer stickers, song lyrics, card games, festival lessons, and extensive reading texts depending on the level.
In Our Discovery Island 1, Values sections introduce social responsibility.
Varied but simple and fun Workbook activities engage young children in individual work.