Author(s): Fiona Beddall, Judy Boyle, Izabella Hearn and Jayne Wildman
The journey begins…
Discover English provides a solid grammar and lexical syllabus with the perfect mix of variety and challenge to motivate young learners. Your students’ learning journey begins here, as they explore foreign countries and learn about different cultures, design computer games, break codes and learn more about themselves. It provides you with great teacher resources and in-class presentations on the Active Teach software for whiteboards.
- Photo stories in each level tied to project work, which provides the context for the learners to discover the subject area.
- Text driven lesson shows the articles created by the course characters or are used to discover more about the topic-texts and topics on these pages as global as possible.
- Cartoon stories in each unit develop themes in a humorous and enjoyable way allowing further exploration of the topic.
- Culture pages or Skills page expose students to more real-world treatments of the topic and a chance to practice newly acquired language in a freer context.
- CYLETS style activities provide covert practice of exam for YL – TB references these so the teacher is always fully aware of which activity type is which.
- Multiple Intelligence/brain
- DVD – Interactive DVD component has an interactive element where questions are answered on screen by remote control or by using your mouse on a computer. ActiveTeach - interactive software component.
Discover English - Active Teach
- The digital version of the Students’ Book with everything you need to prepare and teach your classes in one place; on your computer.
- exact reproductions of Students’ Book pages,
- Class Audio,
- Interactive Activities,
- Students’ CD-ROM,
- Phonetic Chart,
Meet the author