By Leone Dyson
Where the adventure begins!
This unique and engaging series takes children on an exciting fantasyisland adventure with characters their own age. The course is designed to help children learn to communicate in English through a four-skills-based approach that builds increasing language proficiency through pre reading/reading, pre-writing/writing, listening, and speaking lessons and activities.
Downloadable Sample Units
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Student's Book||Student's Book||Student's Book|
|Teacher's Book||Teacher's Book||Teacher's Book|
My Little Island is a new three level pre-primary series. Its large format suits the needs of the very young learner, and its themes and activities are carefully graded to provide a fun and safe pathway into primary.
- Unit themes are presented through an illustrated scene along with a thematic TPR song that attaches meaning to words.
- A vocabulary lesson presents and practises target vocabulary. A computer mouse icon refers to extra vocabulary practice games on the Student's Book CD-ROM.
- A fun story puts the vocabulary in context and introduces new language and important values.
- CLIL lessons integrate target language with other content areas, especially math and geometry.
- Sammy the Squirrel, the silly but funny children's pet, presents each unit's Values song and provides opportunities for reflection and personalisation.Colorful stickers offer extra opportunities for games, role-play and vocabulary practice.
- Fun projects for hands-on crafts wrap up each unit theme.
- A review page presented through listening or in game or quiz-format offers yet another opportunity for confidence-building and fun.
- My Little Island CD-ROM features stories, real kids / adults video clips related to the unit theme, and a variety of games and activities including matching, sorting, concentration, and multiple-choice.
- My Little Island Workbook with Audio CD develops fine motor skills and offers the Student's Book songs and chants, and fun language practice through tracing, matching, and colouring theme-related pictures.
New feature! ACTIVE TEACH
Visual stimulation is crucial at this age. The Active Teach allows you to project Student's Book pages onto an interactive whiteboard program. Audio for songs, chants, directions, listening activities, videos, and Picture Cards are included, giving you and your students one more excuse for fun teaching and learning.